There are still relatively few Passivhaus books published in English. I have selected the most relevant ones I know of below. Some are very much inspirational, such as Passive Houses: Energy Efficient Homes, some are highly technical such as Passive House Design – Planning and design of energy-efficient buildings, while others such as An Introduction to Passive House combine both inspiration and technical information. If you wish to purchase any of these Passivhaus books I highly recommend supporting your local independent bookshop where possible. However, if you do choose to purchase from Amazon using any of the links on this site, Amazon will pay me a small commission (at no cost to you) which will support this site.
Passivhaus Book Reviews
I have published reviews on my blog of the following Passivhaus books:
- An Introduction to Passive House (read my review here)
- The Passivhaus Handbook (read my review here)
- Passive Houses: Energy Efficient Homes (read my review here)
- PHPP Illustrated: A Designer’s Companion to the Passive House Planning Package (read my review here)
- Passive House Design – Planning and design of energy-efficient buildings (read my review here)
- Hermann Kaufmann IZM: Illwerke Zentrum Montafon (read my review here)
- American Passive House Developments (read my review here)
- The Passivhaus Designer’s Manual: A technical guide to low and zero energy buildings (read my review here)
- Details for Passive Houses: A Catalogue of Ecologically Rated Constructions (read my review here)
- Hyperlocalization of Architecture: Contemporary Sustainable Archetypes (read my review here)
I am in the process of reviewing some of the other passivhaus books below. Future passivhaus book reviews will also be published as blog posts.
Please subscribe to my blog at this link to make sure you don’t miss any of the Passivhaus book reviews.
Passivhaus Book Shop