There are still relatively few Passivhaus books published in English. I have selected the most relevant ones I know of below. Some are very much inspirational, such as Passive Houses: Energy Efficient Homes, some are highly technical such as Passive House Design – Planning and design of energy-efficient buildings, while others such as An Introduction to Passive House combine both inspiration and technical information. If you wish to purchase any of these Passivhaus books I highly recommend supporting your local independent bookshop where possible. However, if you do choose to purchase from Amazon using any of the links on this site, Amazon will pay me a small commission (at no cost to you) which will support this site.
Passivhaus Book Reviews
I have published reviews on my blog of the following Passivhaus books:
- An Introduction to Passive House (read my review here)
- The Passivhaus Handbook (read my review here)
- Passive Houses: Energy Efficient Homes (read my review here)
- PHPP Illustrated: A Designer’s Companion to the Passive House Planning Package (read my review here)
- Passive House Design – Planning and design of energy-efficient buildings (read my review here)
- Hermann Kaufmann IZM: Illwerke Zentrum Montafon (read my review here)
- American Passive House Developments (read my review here)
- The Passivhaus Designer’s Manual: A technical guide to low and zero energy buildings (read my review here)
- Details for Passive Houses: A Catalogue of Ecologically Rated Constructions (read my review here)
- Hyperlocalization of Architecture: Contemporary Sustainable Archetypes (read my review here)
I am in the process of reviewing some of the other passivhaus books below. Future passivhaus book reviews will also be published as blog posts.
Passivhaus books currently being reviewed
A first for me, a product: FLIR ONE Thermal Imaging Camera for iOS Devices
- Passive House in Different Climates: The Path to Net Zero.
- Details for Passive Houses: Renovation: A Catalogue of Ecologically Rated Constructions for Renovation.
- Positive Energy Homes: Creating Passive Houses for Better Living.
Please subscribe to my blog at this link to make sure you don’t miss any of the Passivhaus book reviews.
Passivhaus Book Shop